Sunday, July 11, 2010

Eyeliner and Eyebrow Pencils

I want to write a little about some cosmetic products I've been using lately.

Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof: I used to buy this as my number one liquid eye liner but then they must have changed the formula when they changed the bottle shape--because it is SO not working anymore. I put it on and by the end of the day it turns flakey, attaching itself to my eyelashes in clumps with a kung-fu grip hold of death. I'd try to pull it off of my eyelashes, but it would pull out three or so eyelashes with it! Other flakes wind up on my eyelid somewhere. This certainly will not do.

So I decided to switch brands. I tried out Almay i-color (so 21st c.) in brown topaz. I really liked the other colors too, and how it said "if you have blue eyes" use this one and "if you have brown eyes" use this one. So far so good, and it has kind of a metallic look.

Eyebrows! I think they are way underrated, they can really change your whole face a lot, depending on how full you leave them or how thin you pluck them. I'm into thicker brows, but I have to work with what I have, so I'm usually adding some eyebrow pencil to make them appear a little darker/fuller. I use Wet n' Wild eyeliner in kohl brown and its wonderful and so cheap too! Hmm, I didn't realize it was an allure winner!

Speaking of eyebrows, I think there could be another post or two on this, anybody use eyebrow pencils a lot/ have an eyebrow obsession out there or is it just me?
Nice eyebrows, Ashley!


2 comments:

Susan said...

I've purchased Almay's i-color eyeshadows (i-shadow?) brand as well. The only problem is the packaging. The "if you have ___ eyes, try this" all seems a little matchy matchy to me. It's like a product designed for a preschooler - but the quality is good...all they need to do is update the packaging.

Lauren said...

I hear ya Winnie... based on the fact that my eyebrows tend to trail off, even disappear in some lights. Since I need something to frame my face just as much as the next gal, I have really enjoyed using Clinique's Instant Lift for Brows in "02 Soft Brown." My mom actually introduced this to me/suffers the same problem I do.

The stick has a darker shade on one end and a light "highlight" on the other. I apply the dark shade on the brow, then draw a little off the ends to make them appear longer, then dot the highlight side directly underneath the arch. It really gives my light thin eyebrows the attention they deserve without looking fake.